Hey, kids! I it’s snowing in historic Troy, NY! Huzzah.
I’d post a picture but Pat broke my camera last night when he dropped it on the floor for no reason. I guess he didn’t want me taking anymore birthday pictures. Oh well. Didn’t Pat look cute yesterday?
No wonder his Twitter handle is @yummyman. Yum!
Let’s talk Twitter, shall we?
- If the recession has got you down, Robert Scoble is helping people find new jobs via Twitter and Friendfeed. Just leave him your handle, your blog, resume, and a brief description of what you want to do and he’ll try to hook you up. Of course, if you’re already using Twitter and blogs, you’re probably okay in the networking department. But Scoble needs something to do.
- Danny Sullivan tweeted about The Biggest Search Geek Contest, which could earn you a free trip to SMX West. If you’re confident in your SEO smartz, take the 20 question quiz and enter. Last year’s SMX West was out of this world and introduced me to some of my favorite search people. Make sure you’re there in 2009 (we will be!).
- Chris Abraham sent us over to the 5 Sexist Trends the Advertising Industry Can’t Shake. My favorite: Sluts! I didn’t just say that. You heard me wrong.
- Brian Clark gave us The Inigo Montoya Guide to 27 Commonly Misused Words. My top pick is “irregardless” because it’s one of Bruce’s personal favorites to drop into conversation. I wonder if Bruce misses me? Irregardless…
- Matt McGee (I miss M2.) confirms for us that Google Local Business Referrals is shutting down at the end of the month. Boo.
- Andy Beal documented yet another Ask.com fail. Sigh. Why won’t Barry Diller just kill it already? How much more of this do we have to witness? Ask.com stinks.
- Rae Hoffman pimped out her 9 minute+ Affiliate Marketing tips video filmed at PubCon with the amazingly hot Vanessa Zamora. And because Rae’s classy, she flips off the camera at the very end. That’s my mom!
- SEO’s sk8r boy hottie Michael Streko introduced us to Tweetwasters, the site that tells you exactly how much time you’ve wasted on Twitter in your lifetime. [Um, hi, Jim. I'd recommend you NOT put my user name into that. In fact, I don't even have a Twitter account. Someone else has hijacked my name and is using it. Yeah, that's it. What's Twitter? Look at the snow!]
On the giggle side of things:
- The irreverent Loren Feldman shares what he’s thankful for. Ah, to be like Loren.
- My friend Michael Dorausch proved he has my back and wrote a short note to We Build Pages on my behalf. Thanks, Michael.
- Brand Eddings offered up a complaint that far, far too many of us search nerds can relate to.
- Jim Turner showed us why kids are awesome.
- We Build Pages’ own Matt Varney geeked out when he got to talk to Santa. Not that I can blame him. Santa is awesome. Awesome like sugar cookies.
- Speaking of Santa, blogger Sarah Nielson showed us that not even Santa is immune from getting the flu. Poor Santa! It’s bad enough when people don’t believe!
- Oh, and if you’re racking your brain figuring out what to get me for Christmas, Squishables just released the Squishable Reindeer. Yes, please!
What’d I miss this week? Leave a comment here or hit me up on Twitter at @lisabarone.